In celebration of Youth Week 2019 WestWords and Parramatta Libraries have partnered to bring to you the Youth Write writing competition!
Are you 12-25 years?
Write a 400-600 word opinion piece on one of the following topics:
Competition closes on Sunday 28 April 2019
Have your say and win great prizes!
Terms and Conditions
1. To enter write a 400-600 word opinion piece on one of the following topics: gender equality, mental health or social media. You may enter as many times as you like.
2. The competition opens on Monday 1 April 2019 and closes on Sunday 28 April 2019. Entries received after this date will not be accepted.
3. Age group categories are: 12-14 years, 15-18 years and 19-25 years
4. All entrants under the age of 18 must have permission of their legal parent or guardian. 5. Entries received must be your own work. Entries will not be returned and will remain the property of City of Parramatta Libraries.
6. City of Parramatta Libraries reserves the right to cancel the competition if no suitable entries are found.
7. Entrants will be judged by WestWords – Western Sydney’s Literature Development Organisation.
8. Prizes will be awarded on the following criteria: Originality – creativity of approach | Construction of the work – how well the argument is laid out | Use of language (including creative expression, grammar, sentence construction, punctuation and spelling) | The development of ideas, characters, atmosphere or setting and how that substantiates the intent of the work
9. Entries must be typed on A4 paper, or as a Word or PDF file (if emailing). Entries can be handed in at any City of Parramatta Libraries branch or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. All entries must be submitted with a completed entry form. Your name must be clearly written on the entry page.
11. City of Parramatta Libraries and WestWords retain the right to alter, use and distribute entries submitted to the competition for a range of promotional and educational purposes including publication on the website, printed material, presentations, social media and generally for the purposes of City of Parramatta Libraries and WestWords.
12. Entries may be published by SpineOut YA e-Mag,and/or Good Reading Magazine.
13. Prizes include: 1 x Westfield voucher to the value of $100 will be awarded to the winner of each category; 1 x $75 prize pack will be awarded to the runner up of each category; 1 x $50 prize pack will be awarded to an honorable mention in each category.
14. Prizes must be claimed in person from a nominated City of Parramatta Libraries branch.
15. If uncollected, or we are unable to contact a winner, after 5 days, the prize will be reallocated at the discretion of City of Parramatta Libraries and the adjudicator.
16. Winners will be notified by phone by Monday 27 May 2019.
17. This competition is being run by City of Parramatta Library, 1-3 Fitzwilliam Street, Parramatta NSW 2150. 19. Entrants do not have to be library members to enter.
18. This competition is being held in partnership with Westwords. City of Parramatta Libraries thanks them for their ongoing support. Write TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In partnership with City of Parramatta Libraries