A cultural hub for writers in Parramatta
WestWords is pleased to have officially launched the Parramatta Writers’ Room!
On November 28 over 150 members of Western Sydney’s Literary community joined with us to launch the Parramatta Writers’ Room alongside the WestWords Centre for Writing. The evening featured an installation by Felicity Castagna, live music from a ukulele trio, and multiple exhibitions including Picture Gallery, a collection of works by notable Australian Children’s Illustrators.
The Parramatta Writers’ Room is the second of three Writers’ Rooms to launch across Western Sydney, with other rooms located in Campbelltown (Wedderburn) and Katoomba. The WestWords Western Sydney Writers’ Rooms project aims to provide pathways of opportunity for the development of the authentic and articulate voices from the region writers need space to work and to feel themselves to be part of a supportive and well-resourced community.
For less than a cup of coffee a day, Writers’ Room membership includes the benefits of:
- 24/7 access
- Dedicated space to write
- Free wi-fi and printing
- Access to a kitchen equipped with microwave, fridge, espresso machine
- A discounted rate for showcase events with guest writers and open mic sessions
- A discounted rate for writing workshops (held every 6-8 weeks)
- Similar privileges to workshops and events at the other writers’ rooms locations across Western Sydney
- Access to a closed social media group for members of the writers’ rooms across Western Sydney
- WestWords as a resource for accessing additional services including, for example, editorial and publication advice
The launch coincides with a call-out for writers interested in Writers’ Room membership, which will provide a regular, tailored program of workshops and events.
Parramatta Writers’ Room
Parramatta Centre for Writing
91B Grose St, North Parramatta, 2151
The WestWords Western Sydney Writers’ Rooms project is supported by the NSW Government through Create NSW.