An opportunity to be part of the WW team!
Closing date 3rd September
WestWords is a literary service organisation based in Parramatta. It began as a project funded by Arts NSW in 2007 and was established to promote and encourage reading, writing and story-making by, and for, children and young people living in Western Sydney. In December 2014 it registered as not-for-profit company. Now in its third year, it enjoys wide recognition as a leader in the sector, delivering programs across Western Sydney developing and enhancing community sustainability through cultural vitality.
Position title: Associate Producer
Reports to Producer
Commencement date: to be negotiated
Location: Various locations across western Sydney
Hours: Part time (3 days P/W)
Salary details: $50,000 p.a. (pro-rata to 0.6 – $30,000) + plus super
Basis of employment: 6-month contract (with potential for extension)
4-week probation period
Purpose of Position:
The Associate Producer will assist the WestWords team in the delivery of the organisation’s program in an administrative capacity; be first point of contact for the general public; produce selected programs; maintain the company’s online presence; and associated administrative tasks as necessary.
The Associate Producer will work closely with, and report to, the Producer and Executive Director.
Highly motivated individual, able to work autonomously and as part of a small team within a fast-moving environment. Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast moving and evolving environment. We are looking for a person with an attention to detail, who can grow with WestWords over time.
The position will require skills in both event and project management, copywriting, time management, ability to prioritise projects and multi-task. The role will encompass being the first point of contact with the general public.
- To research and run digital and social media marketing campaigns, including newsletter, promotion of programs and individual events as well as other opportunities related to the Centre
- To contribute to the ongoing development of the marketing plan and its implementation
- To update and maintain website, Facebook and other social media
- Ability to activate professional and community networks to build the profile, reputation and reach of WestWords
- Have the ability to manage certain projects
- Assist programming staff with the running of the artistic program as required, including events and workshops both on and offsite.
- Have high level interpersonal skills both orally and in written form
- If and when live programs resume, manage Centre bookings including tenants, renting office spaces and writers in writers’ rooms
- Provide administrative support to other roles within the organisation.
- Have a working knowledge of the literary sector. Specific knowledge of Western Sydney an advantage
WordPress, Mailchimp, Canva, Excel, Buffer and Excel skills an advantage.
Western Sydney local preferred.
Flexible hours are required.
Applications close 3rd September
Send in CV and Cover Letter addressing the above to Michael Campbell via firstname.lastname@example.org