Illustrators in Residence
Applications are now open for the annual Illustrators Residency!
WestWords & Pinerolo will once again be partnering to offer one emerging children’s book illustrator a week in residence at Pinerolo: The Children’s Book Cottage at Blackheath, in the beautiful Blue Mountains. The residency aims to extend illustrators’ knowledge of picture book creation and design, the process of publishing and the publishing industry, being mentored by Margaret Hamilton, a professional publisher of picture books for over thirty years. The self-contained, self-catering cottage offers tranquillity and an inspiring working environment with electric blankets, a wood-burning fire and air-conditioning, for cosiness and comfort in all weather, as well as a fully equipped kitchen.
Applications from Western Sydney illustrators are encouraged.
One place is available during 2019: September — November. Date negotiable.
Your working environment will include:
• Art working area and facilities
• Phone and Internet connection
• Daily consultation/mentorship with Margaret Hamilton AM, a professional publisher of picture books for over thirty years.
Supported and enhanced by:
• Extensive collection of original picture book artwork
• Comprehensive collection of Australian picture books
• Reference library of books about authors, illustrators and children’s books
• Collection of working drawings, roughs, storyboards and pre-publication materials
• Time to work uninterrupted Located approx. 2.5km from Blackheath Station and village.
Travel to and from Blackheath not included.
Applications close 5pm, 24 May 2019
Applications to be sent via email to: email@example.com . Applications are invited from emerging or early career illustrators who have begun or will commence work on artwork for a children’s picture book during the course of their proposed residency. Applications will be selected by a representative panel from WestWords, Pinerolo and the publishing industry.