Need a space? The WestWords Centre for Writing offers writers rooms, office spaces, a meeting room, an event space and a board room.
The Parramatta Writers’ Rooms are the second of three Writers’ Rooms to launch across Western Sydney, with other rooms located in Campbelltown (Wedderburn) and Katoomba. The WestWords Western Sydney Writers’ Rooms project aims to provide pathways of opportunity for the development of the authentic and articulate voices from the region. Writers need space to work and to feel themselves to be part of a supportive and well-resourced community.
The space is complete with desks and a fully equipped kitchen (including an espresso machine!).
For less than a cup of coffee a day, Writers’ Room membership includes the benefits of:
- 24/7 access
- Dedicated space to write
- Free wi-fi and printing
- Access to a kitchen equipped with microwave, fridge, espresso machine
- A discounted rate for showcase events with guest writers and open mic sessions
- A discounted rate for writing workshops (held every 6-8 weeks)
- Similar privileges to workshops and events at the other writers’ rooms locations across Western Sydney
- Access to a closed social media group for members of the writers’ rooms across Western Sydney
- WestWords as a resource for accessing additional services including, for example, editorial and publication advice
- Board room
2 writers’ rooms
6 desks each. room dimensions: 7 x 5 sqm
1 large office for group.
8 desks. Room dimensions: 6.5 x 5 sqm
PRICING TERMS FOR WRITERS’ ROOMS
Total cost (at a daily rate of)
Six-monthly $625 $3.42
Monthly $120 $3.95
Weekly $40 $5.70
Monthly and six-monthly members have access to writing workshops. Every 6-8 weeks each writers’ room will host a day-long workshop with an experienced writer.
Cost per workshop is:
Full day (6hr) $30 member, $50 for non-members
Half day (3hr) $22.50 member, $35 for non-members.
You will need to book in for each event via the WestWords website.
On street parking available.