WestWords is dedicated to developing the distinctive, articulate voices that are key to creative innovation and social & personal change.
As supporters you share our vision and enable us to do amazing things. We appreciate your help in:
- working with more that 3,800 young people in more than 30 Western Sydney primary and secondary schools each year
- building confidence, creativity and self-efficacy in children and young people through writing opportunities
- funding WestWords’ writers’ and illustrators’ residencies in schools and community centres in Western Sydney
- nurturing young people’s reading and writing enhancing their future life chances
- setting up new centres across Western Sydney for writers and readers to share their stories
- $50 will allow a child to attend a full day’s workshop
- $300 will see a writer come to a classroom and work with up to 30 young people in a specifically dedicated hour long workshop.
- $500 enables a writer to spend a half a day at a school working with the multiple groups of students
- $1000 will support a day long writers’ workshop for writers’ at any stage of their development, in any setting.
A corporate partnership with WestWords:
- INVESTS IN YOUR COMMUNITY
- MAKES A DIFFERENCE in the creative, emotional and educational lives of young people in Western Sydney
- ALIGNS YOUR BRAND with Western Sydney communities
- ENGAGES YOUR STAFF with exciting programs
- $1,000 will contribute to the launch of our new writers’ room in Katoomba.
- $5,000 will buy desks for our writers’ retreat in Campbelltown
- $10,000 funds a weeklong author’s residency in a primary or secondary school.
- $20,000 will help equip our new Centre in Parramatta with office furniture and supplies.
- $50,000 will enable WestWords to employ a part-time Development Manager.
- Our WestWords partners are acknowledged on our website and in our written material.
All donations of $2 and above are tax deductible.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 8821 9178.
Thanks for considering a donation to WestWords, even the smallest donation can change young people’s lives through literature development in Western Sydney.