Got something to say?
PROPEL PLAYWRITING INITATIVE
Applications are closed
Propel is a training opportunity for up and coming playwrights, 16 – 26 years old, from across Western Sydney and beyond. The Q in partnership with WestWords and with the support of ATYP is offering 6 playwrights the chance to develop a new short work under the mentorship of a team of professional theatre makers. Propel can help you to:
- Meet like minded artists and collaborators
- Learn from industry professionals
- Hear your work read by performers
- #1: 29 March, 5.00pm – 8.30pm (includes performance of ‘Blackbirds’)
- #2: 12 April, 5.00pm – 8.00pm
- #3: 26 April, 5.00pm – 8.00pm
- #4: 10 May, 5.00pm – 8.00pm
- #5: 24 May, 5.00pm – 8.00pm
- #6: 7 June, 5.00pm – 8.00pm
- #7 13 June, 10am – 4.00pm Intensive with performers
- Short Work Readings: 14 June, 6.30pm – 7.30pm
All workshops and readings will be hosted at The Joan, 597 High St, Penrith.
- To apply send us a bit of background on yourself as an artist (max 1 page). It would be good to tell us a little about what you write whether it be plays, poetry, stories, what you like or would like to write about and what you would like to get out of participating in the Propel playwriting project. Be sure to include your name, a contact number and email address.
- Send us a short sample of something you’ve written (max 4 pages)
All applications and questions regarding applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org