A new cultural centre in the heart of the Blue Mountains.
WestWords and Gallery ONE88 are pleased to officially announce the launch of THE DEN 24/7, our third WestWords Writers’ Rooms in Western Sydney, alongside the Campbelltown Writer’s Retreat at Wedderburn and the Parramatta Writers’ Rooms. The Den is housed at Gallery ONE88 in central Katoomba and will serve as a meeting point and workspace for writers from across the Blue Mountains.
Join us at 6:30pm on Saturday 16 December for the official launch of the Den featuring guest speakers, readings, storytelling by local writers and live entertainment to round off the night!
The WestWords Western Sydney Writers’ Rooms project aims to provide pathways of opportunity for the development of the authentic and articulate voices from the region writers need space to work and to feel themselves to be part of a supportive and well-resourced community.
For less than a cup of coffee a day, Writers’ Room membership includes the benefits of:
- 24/7 access
- Dedicated space to write
- Free wi-fi
- A discounted rate for showcase events with guest writers and open mic sessions
- A discounted rate for writing workshops (held every 6-8 weeks)
- Similar privileges to workshops and events at the other writers’ rooms locations across Western Sydney
- Access to a closed social media group for members of the writers’ rooms across Western Sydney
- WestWords as a resource for accessing additional services including, for example, editorial and publication advice
The launch coincides with a call-out for writers interested in Writers’ Room membership and a limited time offering of half price membership for the first 2 months!
THE DEN 24/7 Katoomba Writers’ Room
186-188 Katoomba St, Katoomba 2780
THE DEN 24/7 in Katoomba is in partnership with Gallery ONE88. The WestWords Western Sydney Writers’ Rooms project is supported by the NSW Government through Create NSW.