A Priceless Opportunity
for Emerging Western Sydney & Sydney Illustrators
A week in residence at Pinerolo: The Children’s Book Cottage at Blackheath, in the beautiful Blue Mountains. The self-contained, self-catering cottage offers tranquility and an inspiring working environment with electric blankets, a wood-burning fire and air-conditioning, for cosiness and comfort in all weather. Fully equipped kitchen for your convenience.
WestWords & Pinerolo have partnered to offer this unique program, aiming to extend illustrators’ knowledge of picture book creation and design, the process of publishing and the publishing industry.
Applications are invited from emerging or early career illustrators who have begun or will commence work on artwork for a children’s picture book during the course of their proposed residencies. Applications will be subject to a selection process. Applications from Western Sydney illustrators are particularly encouraged.
Two places are available during 2017:
11 – 15 September
23 – 27 October
Your working environment will include:
• Art studio and facilities • Phone and Internet connection
• Daily consultation/mentorship with Margaret Hamilton, a professional publisher of picture books for over thirty years.
Supported and enhanced by:
• Extensive collection of original picture book artwork • Comprehensive collection of Australian picture books
• Reference library of books about authors, illustrators and children’s books
• Collection of working drawings, roughs, storyboards and pre-publication materials
• Time to work uninterrupted
Located approx. 2.5km from Blackheath Station and village. Travel to and from Blackheath not included.
Applications close 5pm, 31 July 2017